All the news and links you need during the Papal Visit
- Jefferson Station is located on Market Street, between 11th and 10th Streets. Enjoy the shops at The Gallery,directly on top of the station.
- Explore Chinatown, located just 2 blocks north of the train station, to walk under the Friendship Arch on 10th and Arch Streets.
- Exquisite shopping on Chestnut Street and going south on 12th or 13th Streets.
- Washington Square is a beautiful park with historical tours and plenty of space to rest.
- Old City is a 10 minute walk East – find Philly’s secret love for all things chocolate and ice cream, as well as art galleries galore.
- A short cab or Uber ride will get you to the far end of Benjnamin Franklin Expressway, which is where the Philadelphia Art Museum, the Rodin Museum, and the Barnes Foundation are located (the front garden of the Rodin Museum is free to explore).
- Enjoy a walking, bus, IndieGo bicycle, or Segway tour to truly learn about Philadelphia.
Highlights from Mayor Nutter’s briefing
Bridge and Highway Closings
Papal Visit Playbook Now Available
World Meeting of Families – Philadelphia 2015 (WMOF), with the City of Philadelphia andCommonwealth of Pennsylvania, are excited to share with you today the latest version of the Papal Visit Playbook. You can view the Playbook here .
Our hope is that this special resource provides you with a wide-ranging overview of information related to the World Meeting of Families Congress (September 22 – 25) and Papal Visit (September 26-27). This information includes a complete outline of the event itself, recommendations on how residents can participate, transportation options, special events available to residents in advance of Pope Francis’ arrival, emergency notification information, pet care considerations, city service information and additional resources to support residents.
We hope you find this edition of the Papal Visit Playbook helpful and stay tuned for additional updates as we get closer to the World Meeting of Families Congress and Papal Visit.
SEPTA Map | Where is your stop?
NOTE: The Airport Regional Rail line will be running and will take them to Jefferson Station, which is your best bet to get into Center City.